16 Painfully Awkward Family Photos That Deserve To Be Deleted
Family photos are the worst. No one likes having to take them, so it really is a wonder that so many of them exist.
I mean, maybe it’s fair to say that wanting a family photo comes from a good place, but it never pans out, does it?
There is always one kid who is especially grumpy, or an awkward significant other who just happened to be there on that day, or a really weird relative nobody will admit to having invited. These are the things you need to work around.
Let’s not forget, though, the awkward things that can happen while someone is trying to take a picture, like tripping over one’s own feet or giving into the absolute sense of disgust with the current situation.
Any and all of the above mentioned things are a recipe for photo disasters and awkward family portraits you wish you could burn.
1. I can only assume that this is everyone’s favorite uncle.
2. Why are their mouths open?
3. This one took me a minute.
4. It is hard to look at this picture without imaging a mustache on the little kid.
5. Pets are important.
6. Getting in the holiday spirit, I guess.
7. The kid in the back is really done with this family photo session.
8. That’s an interesting looking baby.
9. You know, I believe her. She really does hate everything about her current situation.
10. One of these things is not like the others…
12. There is no way they didn’t think running on the beach with their children would go wrong.
13. What a nice first family photo.
14. Ah, memories.
15. You’re supposed to wear a shirt under a sweater vest.
16. This seems really appropriate.