Add this to a glass of orange juice to flush nicotine out of your body and help you heal
Are you into baking? If you are, then you must have come across cream of tartar in some recipes. Yet, are you familiar with what this ingredient is? If you wonder if it is same as tartar sauce, then you should know that the answer is no. As The Kitchn explains, cream of tartar is an acidic by-product of wine. Still not clear enough? Well, during the process of fermentation of grape juice inside barrels so that it becomes wine, sediment gets left behind. This sediment is then purified and made into a white powder called cream of tartar.
The chemical name of this substance is potassium hydrogen tartrate, which gave this substance the name ‘cream of tartar’. In baking, people use cream of tartar for stabilizing egg whites and preventing the formation of sugar crystals. Yet, this ingredient has numerous other uses as well. One of them is fighting heartburn and treating urinary tract infections. Nevertheless, if you suffer from some kidney disease or a stomach issue, you should consult your doctor prior to using these home remedies.
1. Soothe arthritis. On the Eric Bakker, N.D.’s website Ted Harper gives a miracle recipe from his native country, Australia, for fighting painful arthritis. This recipe consists of orange, lemon, Epsom salt, grapefruit, and water, and of course, cream of tartar.
2. Treat urinary tract infection. The cream of tartar is considered to be one of the best folk remedies for treating urinary tract infections. According to
Everyday Roots, this is due to the fact that cream of tartar alters the pH of the urine and makes it really awful place for bacteria to live in. if you want to fight a urinary tract infection, combine one and a half teaspoon cream of tartar with one cup of warm water, then add a squeeze of lemon or lime for a boost of vitamin C. consume this solution once or twice a day.
3. Quit smoking. Quitting smoking is not easy at all. Nevertheless, the WikiHow says that cream of tartar is amazingly effective when it comes to eliminating nicotine from the bloodstream. Once you get rid of the nicotine from your body, you will be less likely to face nicotine cravings. This ingredient works best when mixed with some orange juice. Drink this mixture every night before you go to bed. The presence of vitamin C from the orange juice combined with the presence of potassium from the cream of tartar will help you eliminate the toxins more quickly and boost your immune system.
4. Fight heartburn. People who suffer from heartburn can forget about the pharmaceutical antacids, as they can prepare their own in their own homes, from all-natural ingredients. A recipe from Home Remedies For Life says that you need to mix half a teaspoon cream of tartar with half a teaspoon baking soda, and add this into a glass of water. Once you start feeling the symptoms of heartburn, take one teaspoon of this solution.
5. Treat acne. According to Bukisa, cream of tartar is pretty efficient when it comes to clearing acne and healing acne scars, due to its effects to pull out toxins and impurities. If you want to treat acne, you should begin with the consumption of one tablespoon of cream of tartar diluted in 8 ounces of water. One month after the start of this treatment, the acne outbreaks will be considerably reduced and the skin will become much clearer.
6. Prevent gallstones. Take a quart-sized jar and add one tablespoon of Epsom salt, three tablespoons of cream of tartar and juice from six lemons into it. The remaining, empty space of the jar should be filled with water and the jar should be then put in the refrigerator. Then, start consuming one small glass of this mixture on a nightly basis. As Mrs. Lena Brown explains for Cure Zone, this home remedy will help even the most gallstone-susceptible people and they can start eating whatever they want.
7. Treat bacterial infection. Bacterial infections can happen on any body part or body area. They are usually manifested by symptoms such as swelling, inflammation, and fever. If you suffer from a bacterial infection, you should consume half a teaspoon cream of tartar combined with half a cup of warm This home remedy will alkalize your body and thus eliminate the bacteria that have occupied it.
8. Lower high blood pressure. According to Richters, if a person suffers from potassium deficiency, they are likely to have increased blood pressure. People who do suffer from hypertension should start consuming one teaspoon cream of tartar diluted into some water. If you want to find out if you have potassium deficiency, you should take a blood test.
We never even guessed that some ingredient that makes the whip cream fluffy can help someone quit smoking; did you?
Do you know of some other uses of cream of tartar? If you do, share your knowledge with us in the comment section. Also, do not forget to share this article on the social media.