Eliminating Skin Irregularities With Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing
The skin, the largest body organ, plays a significant role in how you look and feel about yourself. Beautiful, flawless skin is a significant boost to your self-confidence and gives others a positive impression of you. However, skin imperfections like wrinkles, acne spots, hyperpigmentation, age spots, and sunburns may alter your facial outlook. While most of these irregularities come with aging, which is inevitable, fractional laser resurfacing in New York may help minimize the aging effects and give you younger-looking skin.
What is laser skin resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is a skin rejuvenation process involving using a laser to minimize the appearance of skin imperfections, including hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and scars. This cosmetic process can also be used to tighten your skin and get rid of non-cancerous lesions. Laser skin resurfacing can be done with:
This minimally invasive procedure involves removing your skin’s thin outer layer – epidermis and heating the skin beneath – dermis. The wounding or injury caused by the laser triggers the growth of new collagen fibers. The new epidermal layer that grows is usually flawless and tighter than the old skin. Your specialist may recommend one of the following ablative treatments depending on your skin irregularities.
- Fractional laser resurfacing. The process involves using a fractional laser to deliver narrow columns of laser light into the inner layers of your skin, which causes deep, narrow columns of tissue coagulation. This stimulates a natural healing process and the growth of new tighter skin. Fractional laser resurfacing can reduce skin imperfections in different body areas, including hands, chest, arms, face, and neck. Although less skin is injured during treatment, laser light penetrates more profoundly than other laser types, increasing your risk of scarring and complicated healing. You may need an entire week to recover from treatment entirely.
Preparing for fractional laser resurfacing
Like any other treatment process, it is necessary to discuss with your doctor to ensure you are suitable for the procedure and get the most out of treatment. During a consultation, your doctor may need to review your medical history to check if you have a history of cold sores and herpes to start your antiviral medication. Physical examination is also required for the doctor to check your skin problems. You may not benefit from fractional laser resurfacing if you have:
- Deep wrinkles
- Severe skin laxity
- Active acne
- Very dark skin
After establishing fractional laser resurfacing is suitable for you, your doctor may send you home with several instructions to observe as you await treatment. They include:
- Do not use other facial treatments like chemical peels and dermabrasion at least four weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid tanning, exposing your skin to direct sunlight for long hours, and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Use a topical retinoid on your treatment area at least a month before fractional laser resurfacing.
- Avoid medications like minocycline and doxycycline at least three days before treatment as they cause photosensitivity.
Although aging is inevitable, you can slow down or reduce the aging effects with treatment methods like fractional laser resurfacing. To learn more about what the process entails, consult with your doctor at Lumos Dermatology®.http://makeyourlifehealthier.com/eliminating-skin-irregularities-with-fractional-laser-skin-resurfacing/https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/pexels-photo-5938601-e1631729829869.jpeg?fit=1024%2C682https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/pexels-photo-5938601-e1631729829869.jpeg?resize=400%2C400BeautyHealthRecipesablative,acne,age,beautiful,boost,dermatology,eliminate,facial,flawless,fractional,hyperpigmentation,irregularities,laser,Lumos,new,outlook,skin,spots,sunburns,wrinkles,york