Flat-Belly Workout: Cardio and Crunchless Abs
Combine core work with cardio to reap the flat-belly benefits of both types of sweat sessions. This workout alternates between standing ab and jumping rope moves, so you can tone your belly while burning serious calories in just 20 minutes. We use one 8 pound dumbbell in this workout to increase the toning potential of each exercise. You don’t have weights? It’s not a problem. This workout will still be effective without them.
- To hold the dumbbell, squat and twist on the outside of your left leg.
- Exhale and lift the weight diagonally across your body, ending twisted to the right with the dumbbell right above your head. As needed pivot on your left foot.
- Place the dumbbell above your head, squeezing your ears with your upper arms to activate your core.
- Pull your abs to your spine and lengthen your spine as you tilt slowly to the right. Then return to standing upright, and then slowly to the left. As you bend to the side, keep your pelvis still.
- As you kick your right leg up, exhale to engage the abs, bringing your left hand to your right toes while doing a small crunch.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Hold the weight in your right hand and start in a shallow squat.
- Pull your elbow back, squeezing your right shoulder blade toward your spine while you twist to the right. Do for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
- Stand with your knees soft and your feet slightly wider than your hips. Hold the dumbbell overhead with both hands.
- Keeping your abs pulled to the spine, circle the weight around your head starting from the left. Your pelvis should stay still, but your ribs can move slightly. Reverse direction, after 30 seconds, and circle to the right.
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Facebook Friends, As You Might Help Someone In Need!