Get your Dental System in Line with Modern Dentures
You are most likely to be advised to brush your teeth twice a day, floss, and use fluoride toothpaste to maintain healthy teeth. However, tooth loss is still a possibility. Though periodontal disease is one of the most common tooth loss causes in adults, you can also lose your teeth through an injury or tooth decay. Whether single or a significant number of teeth, you are not battling the loss alone. Dentures are among the most common solutions for tooth loss for adults, reviving their smile and oral health with these prosthetic devices. Gentle Touch Dental P.C. is among the dental facilities offering modern options for dentures in Falls Church.
The facility provides its patients with various dental solutions for weak, discolored, or lost teeth. These solutions include veneers, crowns and bridges, and dental implants. With a team of experts led by Francisco Rodriguez, DMD, you can be sure of a healthy dental system.
What causes tooth loss in adults?
Several factors lead to tooth loss in adults. Bad habits like smoking and drug use are some common factors that affect your dental system’s health. Other causes of tooth loss include:
- Traumatic injury on the head, face, or mouth
- Gum disease
- Tooth decay
- Poor oral hygiene
- Certain health conditions or treatments
What are the types of dentures?
Dentures are a set of prosthetic devices that look similar to your natural teeth and gums. When in need of dentures, your dentist will place the new set over your existing gums to fill the spaces left by your tooth loss. Whether you are missing a few or all of your teeth, your dentist will suggest a denture plan that best suits your life.
There are two types of dentures:
- Partial dentures. Partial dentures replace a segment of missing teeth and can either be permanently secured or can be temporary. While temporal dentures can be removed, washed and returned to the mouth, permanent dentures are held firmly by dental implants or crowns over your natural teeth.
- Full dentures. This full set of dentures replaces all your teeth to restore your chewing and speaking functions. With gums and teeth like your natural teeth, your dentist slips the dentures gums over your mouth to give you a new look.
Why do you need dentures?
Dentures offer adults a permanent solution for tooth loss. Firmly secured to replace your missing teeth, dentures will stimulate your bone’s growth that was paused by the loss. When you are missing a tooth, the bone in that area lacks growth stimulation, causing bone loss. Eventually, your jaw shrinks, making it difficult to support the healthy teeth. With a shrunk jaw, your face’s shape alters, changing your speech and smile.
So, what are the advantages of using dentures as teeth loss replacement? Dentures:
- Restore your ability to speak and eat naturally
- Fill out your facial features, such as the cheeks
- Make it easy for you to take care of your gums
With denture options for you right after tooth extraction, you do not have to walk around toothless when you can get your lost tooth replaced with modern dentures. Book an appointment with your dentures specialists at Gentle Touch Dental P.C. or call for more information.http://makeyourlifehealthier.com/get-your-dental-system-in-line-with-modern-dentures/http://makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Get-your-Dental-System-in-Line-with-Modern-Dentures-1024x771.jpghttp://makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Get-your-Dental-System-in-Line-with-Modern-Dentures-400x400.jpgBeautyHealthRecipesadults,certain,Church,conditions,decay,dental,dentures,face,falls,full,gum.disease,head,health,hygiene,injury,line,loss,modern,mouth,oral,partial,poor,tooth,traumatic,treatments