Home Remedies For Sore Throat And Cough
Sore throat is a pretty frequent occurrence especially in the winter season. The sore throat is actually a pain in the throat area and it is the first symptom of cold. It concerns the upper part of the respiratory tract. Sore throat is mostly caused by pharynx inflammation, but other contributors to sore throat are also dust, bacteria, fungal infections or allergies. We present you several home remedies that can help you reduce the sore throat in a natural way and healthy way.
Natural Home Remedies For Sore Throat
You can reduce the symptoms of sore throat by gargling with salt water. It will help you reduce the swelling and it will discharge the water accumulated in the mucus membrane in the throat, which will give you an immediate relief from sore throat.
- take a cup of warm water and add half a teaspoon of salt to it
- use this solution to make a gargle
- once you are done with the gargling, spit the water out
- for best results, repeat this procedure three times per day
Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar is known for its antibacterial features, which are very beneficial and helpful for treating the sore throat.
- take a cup of warm water
- in this cup, add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and some honey
- drink the mixture and do that three times per day
- the apple cider vinegar can also be used for making a gargling solution
- take a cup of warm water and add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and the same amount of salt to it
- gargle with this mixture a few times per day
Garlic is known to have antibacterial and antiseptic features and thus helps you in treating the sore throat.
- use a fresh clove of garlic
- divide the clove into halves and put them in each cheek
- Crush the garlic piece from time to time using your teeth in order to release the key garlic substance – allicin
- allicin is very beneficial for eliminating the bacteria that cause the sore throat in the first place
The seeds from the fenugreek are good and useful for soothing the mucous membranes and for reducing the pain and the swelling caused by sore throat.
- use six cups of water
- add two teaspoons of fenugreek seed to this amount of water
- boil the water with the seeds for half an hour
- leave it cool until it reaches room temperature
- use this solution three times daily and make a gargling
Turmeric is a plant which has one of the most powerful antiseptics and anti-inflammatory features, which makes it very beneficial for treating sore throat.
- you will need a cup of warm milk
- put fifteen grams of turmeric powder in the milk
- consume this mixture two times a day
Honey has great antibacterial effects that help your body fight against infections. It is very good for reducing the pain and the swelling in the mucous membranes.
- use a cup of warm water
- add two teaspoons of raw honey to the water
- consume this solution a few times a day
- it is also recommended for you to consume one teaspoon of honey before bedtime
- not only does the honey help in relieving the pain in the throat, but it also promotes the quality of your night’s sleep
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!
Source: www.dailyhealthgen.comhttp://makeyourlifehealthier.com/home-remedies-for-sore-throat-and-cough/https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Home-Remedies-For-Sore-Throat-And-Cough-e1448072960859.jpg?fit=1024%2C768https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Home-Remedies-For-Sore-Throat-And-Cough-e1448072960859.jpg?resize=400%2C400Fruits and VegetablesHealthHealthy DrinksHealthy FoodRecipes