How to Clear Your Sinuses with Your Tongue and Your Thumb in 20 Seconds Plus 4 Home Remedies For Sinus Infection
A sinus infection is the most uncomfortable and annoying feeling someone can have. Unfortunately, sinus infections are very common, and affect around 37 million Americans a year. Sinus infections are an inflammation of the lining in the sinus cavities. Sinusitis can be caused by bacteria, colds, allergies or flu. Fortunately, there are many natural and effective remedies for a sinus infection, so that you don’t have to over – medicate yourself with conventional drugs.
The Top 4 DIY Home Remedies for Sinus Infection
- Oregano Oil – Oregano oil can be an effective sinus infection treatment, while it may not be the most accessible of the home remedies for sinus infection. Not only could you simply ingest the oregano oil, but the oil can also be inhaled and steamed over a stove (with eyes closed). Oregano oil benefits may also help to improve digestion, in addition to being a potential treatment for sinus infection, aid in fighting infections, and improve biological function – especially in the colon and liver.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Apple cider vinegar is a hailed sinus infection treatment. Being just one of many apple cider vinegar uses, countless individuals attest to the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar against a multitude of health conditions, including sinus infection. One of the most powerful ways to use ACV is to mix 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with 8oz of warm water and 1 tablespoon of honey. Within just a few days, the sinus infection could vanish. Another option when taking apple cider vinegar is to simply take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, whether diluted to ingest throughout the day or made to ingest quickly. Lastly, you can also try steaming with apple cider vinegar; mix ½ cup of ACV with ½ cup of water, heat it on the stove, and with your eyes closed inhale the steam with mouth. we recommend using organic ACV over the non – organic.
- Nasal Saline Rinse – While the above remedies may suffice, a nasal saline rinse is also a very popular sinus infection treatment to store in your notebook for home remedies. For the mixture, you could simply use pickling salt/sea salt and warm water or try mixing ¼ teaspoon of pickling or salt sea salt with a pinch of baking soda and a cap – full of food – grade hydrogen peroxide in 1 cup of warm water. If you have never done a saline rinse, or nasal irrigation before, try following detailed directions or ask someone who has done it, for assistance. It may not be the most comfortable solution, but a nasal saline rinse seems to continuously be passed down as one of the more effective home remedies for sinus infection.
- Turmeric – Thanks to curcumin, a powerful compound found in turmeric, turmeric possesses powerful health benefits. The spice’s ability to treat sinus infection is among the health benefits of turmeric. Curcumin helps to clear the airways and heal the sinus cavity. Since turmeric possesses anti – inflammatory properties and sinus infections are caused by nasal inflammation, the spice can be seen as one of the existing natural cures for sinus infection.
In addition to the above home remedies for sinus infection treatment, you could try utilizing some of these options.
- Drink liquids to help wash away mucus out of your sinuses more quickly and to help moisturize your mucous membranes.
- Apply warm compresses to your face multiple times daily for 5 minutes each.
- Elevate your head while sleeping.
- Clean your house and especially your bedroom. Using a HEPA filter air purifier will also be beneficial.
- Vitamin C is an excellent immune booster, andcan help to fend off sinus infections. Try taking up to 1000 mg of vitamin C 1 – 3 times daily.
How to Clear Your Sinuses with Your Tongue and Your Thumb in 20 Seconds
Place a finger between your eyebrows and push your tongue against the top of your mouth and apply pressure with your finger. Hold it for about 20 seconds and your sinuses will begin to drain.
According to the assistant professor at the Michigan State University college of osteopathic medicine, Lisa DeStefano, D.O., this causes the vomer bone, which runs through the nasal passages to the mouth, to rock back and forth, and the motion loosens congestion; after 20 seconds, you’ll feel your sinuses start to drain.
And don’t forget to share your experiences with us, your friends and family as you might help someone in need.
Source: www.healthy-holistic-living.comhttp://makeyourlifehealthier.com/how-to-clear-your-sinuses-with-your-tongue-and-your-thumb-in-20-seconds-plus-4-home-remedies-for-sinus-infection/https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/How-to-Clear-Your-Sinuses-with-Your-Tongue-and-Your-Thumb-in-20-Seconds-Plus-4-Home-Remedies-For-Sinus-Infection.gif?fit=600%2C320https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/How-to-Clear-Your-Sinuses-with-Your-Tongue-and-Your-Thumb-in-20-Seconds-Plus-4-Home-Remedies-For-Sinus-Infection.gif?resize=150%2C150HealthHealthy DrinksHealthy FoodHerbs & OilsRecipes
1 Comment Already
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I have those sterile saline mini packs from the doctor and the nasal rinses are just horrible. I cannot say if they are successful as I am stuck for ages then I get good clearish times. As I do other things I cannot tell if one alone helps.
I am all for trying the oregano inhale, I used to,have towel over head as child and Friars balsam in hot water (years back). Not great but all a little better.
Where is the tongue supposed to press the roof up near front teeth or back more? I am not quite sure about the right place here.