Kombucha (the Wonder Tea You Should Be Drinking)
WHAT IS KOMBUCHA?
In fact it is a sweetened tea which is fermented with the help of SCOBY (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast). It is also called ‘the mother’, and has ability for reproducing. The mother is used as the starter culture to generate the good bacteria to cure your gut and your whole body.
WHY SHOULD YOU DRINK KOMBUCHA?
- Full with probiotics for gut health
- Prevents candida overgrowth
- Boosts the absorption of nutrients
- Helps in diminishing inflating
- Betters mental clarity
- Stabilizes mood
- Detoxifies the body
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN KOMBUCHA
- 3 ½ quarts filtered water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 8 bags black or green tea
- 1-2 cups starter tea from last batch or store-bought kombucha
- 1 SCOBY
- 1 gallon glass sterilized jar
- A wood stirring utensil (you mustn’t use metal with the SCOBY)
- Rubber band to secure cloth
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Make your sweet tea. Use 2 tablespoons of loose tea or 8-10 bags per gallon of hot water. Add 1 cup of sugar per gallon. Make sure the sugar is organic. Don’t use honey or rapadura because the SCOBU requires regular sugar for feeding.
- Leave your tea to cool down on room temperature, which is very important. The hot tea is not recommended for SCOBY because it will kill it.
- When the tea is completely cooled, prepare your big glass jar with the tea, and leave 20% space at the top. Pour in previous starter liquid.
- With your clean hands easily put your SCOBY in the tea composite. It will float.
- Use the cheesecloth to cover the jar and hold it in place with the help of the rubber.
- Put the composite in a warm area in the kitchen. It requires temperature form 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit without any direct light.
- Leave it to ferment for one week, the length will alternate on temperature.
- In order to see if it is done taste your kombucha, it should be crabbed but yet a little sweet.
- Put your kombucha in glass bottles with impermeable clasp and keep it in the refrigerator.
- When you are finished with this stage you should make another batch so you will have consecutive ferment going.
- You can use some fresh fruits, turmeric or ginger for flavoring the kombucha.
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!
Source: foodmatters.tvhttp://makeyourlifehealthier.com/kombucha-the-wonder-tea-you-should-be-drinking/https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Kombucha-the-Wonder-Tea-You-Should-Be-Drinking.jpg?fit=600%2C320https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Kombucha-the-Wonder-Tea-You-Should-Be-Drinking.jpg?resize=150%2C150Fruits and VegetablesHealthHealthy DrinksHerbs & OilsRecipes