This Mom’s Son Died An Hour After He Swam At The Pool. I Had No Idea This Was Possible.
Johnny Jackson, Cassandra’s son, went to cool off and play at the neighborhood pool. His mom watched him splash around in the cool water to escape from the unbearable June heat. After a while they went home, and about an hour later John said that he was tired and sleepy.
She thought that he was tired because of being out on the sun and playing all afternoon. He took a nap, and after a while Cassandra went to check on him. She saw something that no parent should ever have to.
John had no signs of life and his face was covered in a white foam – like substance. After examining the coroner said that the cause of death was suffocation of drowning. How could one healthy and young boy drown one hour after swimming?
His mother was shocked and surprised. She ask how can one child walk, talk, speak with lungs filled with water. Some people don’t know that there is dry-drowning, which is a postponed type, and it’s also dangerous as the immediate type of drowning.
Dramatic changes in the kid’s behavior, difficulty breathing, extreme tiredness are the warning signs for dry-drowning. If you notice any of these factors, don’t risk your child’s life, immediately bring them to the hospital and get a medical attention. In young children every second can be fatal for their life. If your child needs help, then medical professional can evaluate and regulate it. They will intubate them, which gives air into the child’s lungs and clears the fluid out. The most critical is that the lungs need to take in and absorb oxygen from the air. The ability to do that is limited and suspended, and combined with more fluid in the lung can lead to possible death.
This type of delayed drowning is surprisingly not that rare, with a probable 10-15% of all drowning deaths being credited to it. But not a lot of people have heard about it or know how to recognize the signs in possible victims of dry drowning. It can happen in fresh water, salt water, chlorinated pools and even in a bath.
Please don’t forget to share this and raise the awareness about the symptoms and warning signs of dry drowning. Every parent should know them, because it can save a life.
1 Comment Already
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Thank you for sharing this article, and thank you William. My heart goes out to Cassandra and her family. The article doesn’t explain what happened to Johnny while he was playing in the pool. Did he go under and had to be rescued? Did he inhale water while playing in the pool? What causes “secondary drowning”? I