Xanax and other Benzodiazepines Can Cause Dementia and even Death. Treat anxiety naturally with Just One Herb
Different sedative and hypnotic properties are contained in the benzodiazepines. These drugs can accumulate in your body and increase your risk of an accidental overdose. The benzodiazepines lead to increasing physical and mental health problems. Among a group of adults over sixty – five years old, that used benzodiazepines were fifty percent more likely to develop dementia over a fifteen year period.The long – term use of benzodiazepines was significantly associated with an increased risk of dementia, leading researchers to recommend “long – term use of BZDs should be avoided among the elderly, who may be at a higher risk for developing dementia, in addition to other health problems.
The only herbal supplement effective at treating anxiety and depression is St. John wort, in contrast to cat’s claw, liquid tonic, ginseng, royal jelly and gingko biloba, it was confirmed in a study conducted by St. James’ University Hospital in Leeds, England.
For thousands of years St. John’s wort has been in use, known for its ability to calm anxiety. In Germany, Saint John’s wort is prescribed as a conventional anxiety drug.
St. John’s Wort also stimulates heart contractions and contributes to the restoration of nervous tissue. To this day new and unique medicinal properties are being discovered. Many healing properties are attributed to this plant. St. John’s wort regulates metabolism and also has a diuretic and anti – inflammatory effect. It has a astringent and purifying effect.
Hypericin is used in the treatment of diseases of the nervous system depression and, moreover, it does not have any side effects. It is also used as a tonic remedy, an excellent anti – inflammatory and hemostatic. If you tear the St. John’s wort leaf and rub it in your fingers, it becomes a reddish color (the color is attributed to a substance, which is contained in the black dots of the plant, called hypericin which serves as a distinctive feature of St. John’s wort).
St. John’s wort consists of:
- Ascorbic acid, rutin and several vitamins, (strengthens blood vessels), carotene from which Vitamin A is produced in the body. For the protection from damaging the nails, hair and aging of the skin, we can use St. John’s wort. Vitamin PP or nicotinic acid which participates in protein and carbohydrate exchange
- traces of alkaloids;
- saponins– natural biologically active substances
- essential oils– John’s wort has more properties, such as anti – inflammatory properties, aromatic volatile substances with antimicrobial properties, etc.
- phytoncides– it has antimicrobial action with its volatile substances
- tanning substances (tannins)– it has anazotic aromatic compounds with a characteristic taste with an astringent and antimicrobial action;
- resinous substances– according to their chemical composition they are similar to essential oils (solid or semi – liquid organic compounds with a characteristic smell).
The use of St. John’s wort in folk medicine
- If we have menopausal symptoms and premenstrual syndrome we can use extracts of St. John’s wort.
- The bioflavonoids found in St. John’s Wort are responsible for the treatment of swollen veins.
- In folk medicine St. John’s wort is used for stomach and duodenal ulcers, colitis (inflammation of the large intestine), diarrhea, gastritis (inflammation of the stomach), bile passage diseases, liver disease, diseases of kidneys and urinary tract, heart failure
- Tea from St John’s wort is helping to ease PMS and menopause symptoms, launches the process of tissue regeneration, relaxes and stimulates the secretion of various glands, raises appetite
- It has an anti – inflammatory and antiseptic properties, and imanin – a substance which inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- It reduces inflammation and swelling, it has a pain – killing effect, used for the diseases of the joints of different origin.
- If you have headaches and insomnia you can take St. John’s wort as a sedativ
- For the treatment of wounds, burns, St. John’s wort mastitis decoctions and external infusions are used.
We can find St. John’s wort in the different form of tinctures, extracts and herbal medicinal teas. For the treatment in cosmetology, St. John’s wort is used for:
- moisturizing and nourishing the skin
- the purification of oily skin, acne,
- the closing of pores
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!
Source: livingtraditionally.comhttp://makeyourlifehealthier.com/xanax-and-other-benzodiazepines-can-cause-dementia-and-even-death-treat-anxiety-naturally-with-just-one-herb/http://makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Xanax-and-other-Benzodiazepines-Can-Cause-Dementia-and-even-Death.-Treat-anxiety-naturally-with-Just-One-Herb.jpghttp://makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Xanax-and-other-Benzodiazepines-Can-Cause-Dementia-and-even-Death.-Treat-anxiety-naturally-with-Just-One-Herb-150x150.jpgHealthHealthy DrinksHealthy FoodRecipes