Everything You Need to Know About Oral Hygiene
Oral health contributes and is an essential part of your health and wellbeing. Usually, cavities and gum disease are the major oral problems. However, with proper dental hygiene practices, you can achieve and maintain ultimate dental health.
If you suffer from dental issues, specialists in oral hygiene in Bayside can help improve your dental health. The dental experts at Bayside Orthodontics commit to providing advanced dental care to enhance your dental health and smile. Learn more about how they can help you by calling their office to schedule your appointment.
What is oral hygiene?
Oral hygiene involves regular teeth brushing and cleaning to enhance oral health. It is thorough cleaning between your teeth and gums to get rid of any plaque or bacteria. It helps prevent gum disease and tooth decay.
Oral hygiene also involves:
- Teeth brushing
- Tongue cleaning
- Dental flossing
Besides maintaining oral hygiene, you may also consider eating healthy diets, having regular dental check-ups, avoiding sugary foods and drinks, and quitting smoking.
Oral hygiene is vital for your dental and general health. It is not a one-time thing; instead, it is a routine you have to follow to maintain your oral health. Usually, the practice will provide excellent results for your teeth and gums.
Why is oral hygiene important?
When you have dental problems, they do not only affect your oral health but have an impact on your overall health. Having gum and teeth issues puts you at risk of health issues such as heart disease or diabetes.
Oral hygiene enhances your oral health, lowering your risk of health issues and improving your overall health.
Good oral hygiene practices should start at early stages to instill the routine in you. It keeps your dental and physical health in good shape.
What oral hygiene practices should you follow?
Here are some of the practices that enhance oral hygiene:
- Brushing the correct way. Most people do not know how they should touch. Usually, it would be best if you brushed while bending your toothbrush at 45 degrees. Begin with brushing the gum line, then every side and corner of your mouth, and finish with the tongue.
- It is essential to ensure you brush for at least two minutes; brushing less than is incomplete.
- Your toothbrush type is also critical. Generally, choose a suitable toothbrush for you; soft bristles and a medium-sized toothbrush are recommendable.
- Flossing is part of your teeth cleaning that most people do not adhere to. It helps remove food leftovers stuck between your teeth, which form plaque, causing tooth decay when not removed.
- Use of mouthwash. It enhances fresh breath, teeth whitening and prevents tooth decay.
- It would help if you also replaced that toothbrush once it’s worn out. Doctors recommend changing your toothbrush every 3-4 months.
Other oral hygiene tips to follow for your teeth and gum health include:
- Brushing twice a day using fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth
- Make regular dental visits for check-ups and professional cleaning
- Drinking fluoridated water
Talk to an oral hygiene specialist today
The only way to maintain oral health and prevent dental issues is by practicing oral hygiene. It involves brushing, flossing, mouthwashes, regular dental check-ups, among other practices. The dental experts at Bayside Orthodontics can help you achieve your oral hygiene.
Call Bayside Orthodontics today to schedule your appointment.https://makeyourlifehealthier.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-oral-hygiene/https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/pexels-photo-1181519-e1632151416672.jpeg?fit=1024%2C684&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/pexels-photo-1181519-e1632151416672.jpeg?resize=400%2C400&ssl=1BeautyHealthRecipesBayside,brushing,cavities,clean,dental,disease,everything,floss,gum,health,hygiene,know,major,mouthwashes,oral,orthodontics,problem,smile,teeth,tongue,wellbeing