Know about Different Types of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Sexually transmitted diseases are one of the most infectious diseases across the world. According to research, there are several types of sexually transmitted diseases that you can incur. However, some of these diseases are treatable, others take time to be treated, and some have no cure. Sexually transmitted diseases are classified into two categories, which are bacterial and viral. STDs are caused by having sexual intercourse with an infected person, having unprotected sex with an infected person, having many sexual partners, and a lack of STD testing before having sex. To know your health status, visit Phoenix STD testing at Arizona, United States of America. Below are the major types of STDs.
The major types of sexually transmitted diseases
There are a variety of sexually transmitted diseases you can get. They include:
- Syphilis. Syphilis is a common type of sexually transmitted disease that has four primary stages. After infection, it is hard to diagnose and see signs and symptoms of syphilis. It then shows up like a sore on your genitals, which is painless. On its severity, you may develop other sores on your mouth, producing unpleasant discharge through the penis in men and vagina in women. Symptoms include pain during sex, pain when urinating, unpleasant smell due to discharge, and urge to urinate.
- Gonorrhea. It is another common type of sexually transmitted disease. It is hard to note its symptoms during its early days. After developing, symptoms may be pain during sex, abnormal discharge through the penis or vagina, urge to urinate, infertility in women, and pain during urination.
- Trichomoniasis. Trichomoniasis is acquired when the vagina and the penis come into contact. It is likely to be found in women more than men. Its symptoms include sore in the genital area, green or yellow discharge with an unpleasant smell, burning sensation during urination, pain during sex, and itching.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV). It is prevalent for many sexually active people. You can incur HPV through vaginal, anal, or oral sex. There are no symptoms of human papillomavirus. Some species of HPV disappear on their own without treatment.
Below is how sexually transmitted diseases are diagnosed
How sexually transmitted diseases are diagnosed
If you feel that you may have a sexually transmitted disease, it is good to seek medical attention. Diagnosis of STDs include:
- Blood testing. When the signs and symptoms are not visible, your doctor draws blood from your body for testing. A blood test shows the presence of HIV infections and syphilis at their late stages.
- Genital fluids sample. Genital fluid may also be used to test the presence of STDs. If the sore at your genital is open, the doctor used its fluids as the test sample.
Sexually transmitted diseases are very infectious, and they may cause complications on the genital. Pelvic floor disorder in women is caused by STDs, which later leads to infertility, loss of strength in cervical muscles, and dropping of the bowel. It is vital to seek treatment once you notice some signs and symptoms of STDs.https://makeyourlifehealthier.com/know-about-different-types-of-sexually-transmitted-diseases-stds/https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Know-about-Different-Types-of-Sexually-Transmitted-Diseases-STDs.jpg?fit=615%2C400&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Know-about-Different-Types-of-Sexually-Transmitted-Diseases-STDs.jpg?resize=400%2C400&ssl=1HealthRecipesdiagnose,diagnosed,different,diseases,fluids,genital,gonorrhea,HPV,human,know,major,papillomavirus,sample,sexually,std,stds,syphilis,testing,transmitted,trichomoniasis,types