Managing the complexity of the diseases that often coexist in aging
As you age, you are at risk of chronic illness and pain. Conditions interact with pure aging effects to cause geriatric-specific complications, particularly in the weak-link system, even when those organs are not the primary ones affected by a disease. That is why geriatric in Chamblee provides Medicare wellness visits and geriatric care. Schedule an appointment today by calling or using the online clinic platforms now.
What is geriatric care?
Geriatric care addresses the specialized health needs of older adults. As you age, your immune system becomes weaker, and you are at risk of severe complications from the flu or other illnesses. Aging organs are also more susceptible to injury, such as intracranial hemorrhage, which is more common and is triggered by less clinically significant damage in older adults. These effects that come due to aging must be taken into account when diagnosing and treating older adults. The specialist must not:
- Mistake pure aging for disease
- Mistake disease for pure aging
- Ignore the increased risk of adverse drug effects on weak-link systems stressed by illness
- Forget that older adults often have multiple underlying disorders, e.g., diabetes, hypertension, and atherosclerosis.
- Clinicians should also be alert for diseases and problems that are much more common among older adults.
Know the importance of senior care
The specialist at the clinic will customize a health care plan according to your needs. You can form a partnership with the clinic to:
- Prevent chronic diseases
- Intervene when chronic conditions or complications appear
- Managing chronic diseases like diabetes or arthritis
- Manage pain from osteoarthritis, gout, or other conditions
A customized care plan may include:
- Chronic disease management
- Joint mobility evaluations
- Bone density testing
- Cancer screening
- Glucose testing
- Specialist referrals
- Medicare annual wellness visit
- Neurological testing
- Cancer screening
The specialist will also schedule a plan on how you manage prescribed drugs. And schedule annual wellness visits to help you with a personal disease prevention plan.
What is involved in geriatric care?
Geriatric care is a specialized care type that focuses only on older adults. Here is what geriatric is comprised of:
- It helps adults to achieve emotional stability. They will be able to overcome emotional blockage and express themselves.
- It helps adults support their decision-making skills and encourages them to be independent in making choices for themselves.
- Prevent them from any risk of injuries, falls, and accidents.
- Maintain privacy. It ensures they feel safe and secure to talk about their physical and emotional needs openly.
- It helps them to stimulate mental acuity, sensory input, and physical activity to uplift their mood, self-esteem, and confidence.
In conclusion, the Lenox medical clinic team will review medical records from your previous medical history. It will involve a review of all medication and supplements you have taken and Routine prescription refills. Contact the clinic for quality geriatric specialist services to book an appointment.https://makeyourlifehealthier.com/managing-the-complexity-of-the-diseases-that-often-coexist-in-aging/https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Managing-the-complexity-of-the-diseases-that-often-coexist-in-aging.jpg?fit=615%2C410&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Managing-the-complexity-of-the-diseases-that-often-coexist-in-aging.jpg?resize=400%2C400&ssl=1HealthRecipesadults,adverse,aging,artherosclerosis,arthritis,atheroslcerosis,bone,cancer,care,Chamblee,chronic,clinic,coexist,complexity,conditions,density,diabetes,disease,disorders,drug,effexcts,ekg,forget,glucose,gout,hypertension,illness,immunizations,interact,intervene,links,mammogram,manage,medicare,mistake,neurological,ognore,older,online,pain,platforms,prevent,pure,schedule,senior,systems,testing,today,underlying,visits,weak,wellness