Types of Depression and Signs You Might Be Having the Mood Disorder
Mood fluctuation is a normal part of life, and you are likely to feel various episodes of sadness when your mood changes. Fortunately, mood fluctuation is a passing problem. However, when you notice persistent sadness and loss of interest in some of your favorite activities, you should contact your doctor for a depression diagnosis. Jacksonville depression is a continuous mental disorder that might last for weeks, months, or even years. Early diagnosis will enable your doctor to alleviate your symptoms. Depression is a severe mental condition that might negatively affect every aspect of your life if you fail to get professional help.
What are the various depression forms you are likely to have?
Clinical depression, also known as major depressive disorder, is a severe mood condition that affects how you feel, think, and conduct your everyday activities. For your doctor to ascertain if you have depression, you must have consistent symptoms for approximately two weeks. Different forms of depression develop under various circumstances. For instance:
- Persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia). You are likely to have significant depression episodes alongside less severe symptoms. For your doctor to diagnose you with dysthymia, you must have the symptoms for about two years.
- Postpartum depression. This depression form is typical with women after giving birth. When you have postpartum depression, you will most likely have major depressive episodes during pregnancy or after delivery. You might have feelings of extreme anxiety, exhaustion, and sadness, making it hard for you to care for yourself and your baby.
- Psychotic depression. Your doctor will diagnose you with psychotic depression when you have severe depression symptoms along with a form of psychosis-like delusions or hallucinations.
What are the classic symptoms you will have with depression?
Experiencing low moods cannot qualify depression. However, you should suspect you have the mood disorder when you start having signs like:
- Feeling hopeless
- Appetite loss and weight changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Persistent anxious mood
- Feeling restless
- Difficulty sleeping or oversleeping
- Suicidal thoughts
Depression symptoms vary in different people. You can have a few or various symptoms. You will need to have multiple symptoms and a persistent low mood for your doctor to confirm you have depression.
How can you manage depression symptoms?
Your doctor can help you manage depression with various therapies. The most effective depression treatments are medications and psychotherapy or a combination of both options. Suppose conventional treatments fail to relieve your symptoms, your doctor may recommend electroconvulsive therapy or other brain stimulation options.
Beyond treatment, your psychotherapist may suggest the following measures to aid recovery:
- Do not isolate yourself.
- Set practical, realistic goals and work towards achieving them
- If possible, have other people help you out
- Postpone important decision to a future date when you are feeling much better
- Confide in someone you trust and share with him or her about your feelings
Your mood is not likely to improve immediately, even after treatment. Depression symptoms might take time to fade, and thus, you have to be patient during your healing process. When you suspect you might be falling into depression, contact your doctor to ease your symptoms.http://makeyourlifehealthier.com/types-of-depression-and-signs-you-might-be-having-the-mood-disorder/https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Types-of-Depression-and-Signs-You-Might-Be-Having-the-Mood-Disorder.jpg?fit=615%2C410https://i0.wp.com/makeyourlifehealthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Types-of-Depression-and-Signs-You-Might-Be-Having-the-Mood-Disorder.jpg?resize=400%2C400HealthRecipesaffext,alleviate,anxious,appetit,appetite,aspect,birth,changes,concentrating,condition,depression,difficult,disorder,doctor,dysthymia,episodes,fatigue,feeling,fluctuation,giving,goals,have,help,hopeless,interest,irritability,isolate,Jacksonville,life,loss,mental,might,mood,negatively,normal,oversleeping,passing,persistent,postpartum,practical,practiral,problem,professional,psychotic,realistic,restless,sadness,severe,significant,signs,sleeping,suicidal,symptoms,thoughts,types,weight,women