10 Problems Bananas Solve Better Than Medications
Bananas are one of the most useful fruits and in many respects better than drugs to address specific health ailments. They contain generous amounts of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients essential to the body.
Bananas are not only good for our health, but they also increase the body’s vital energy.
The fiber alone in bananas protects us from many different diseases.
Here are the 10 problems that bananas will solve better than drugs and without side effects:
1. Although they cannot effectively treat depression, eating many bananas will automatically boost serotonin levels and contain complementary amino acids (i.e. tryptophan) and minerals to enhance our mood.
2. Bananas are a good source of energy, especially immediately after consumption, and it’s one of the reasons the fruit is so popular with athletes.
3. According to the National Academy of Sciences, bananas are rich in potassium and low in sodium which reduce your risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
4. A large banana provides about .5 milligrams of the 1.1-to-1.7 milligrams of vitamin B6 the Institute of Medicine recommends you get each day. People with higher concentrations of vitamin B6 perform better on memory tests than those with lower levels. Because your body uses fruit sugar more gradually than refined sugar, a banana is a good way to get a steady stream of brain fuel.
5. They regulate hormones in the body through vital minerals which helps normalize oxygen levels and the body’s water balance.
6. Snacking on bananas helps pregnant women by stabilizing blood sugar levels and avoiding morning sickness.
7. High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
8. The banana calms the stomach and have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
9. The cells in your brain use glucose as fuel. Your brain cannot store it, so you must continually supply glucose to your brain through the food your eat. The fiber in a banana slows the breakdown and release of its sugars, mainly from fructose, into your bloodstream, according to the Franklin Institute.
10. Bananas are high in fiber, so including bananas in your diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.